CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

101 Ways to Pray & Praise...Part 1

I decided to record different ways I use or have used to talk to and praise God....This will be an ongoing list, mostly for my own reference!

1. I use a prayer journal. I record prayers for people, situations, material things, even ramblings that come from my heart. I also use it to record lessons that God has taught me. I have enjoyed over the years going back and looking at all the different places God and I have "gone" together.

2. This year, at Thanksgiving, I started a Thank You journal. (It's just some colored paper stapled together with a cover.) I have made a commitment to write at least 1 thing in it each. 1 thing that I am thankful for, 1 thing I may often take for granted, 1 thing that "sings" to my heart from God's.

3. In the past I have used lists to help me remember to pray for people. I keep a list of family members and friends. When I feel like I can't think of anything to pray for I get out my list and the prayer just starts flowing. I also have a list of family and friends whom I know are not saved. I use this one quite often.

4. I have taken many prayer walks. I walk around my church and pray for the ministries and the ministers involved in my church. I walk around a school and pray for the teachers, students, administrators, and parents. Then I pray for the community around that school. I have found that this can be a very enriching time of prayer.

5. I love to use scripture when I pray. One of the best ways that I can communicate with God is by using what he has given me in his word. There is endless material for praise and petition!

0 comments: