CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 12, 2009

Jitter Bug...

I learned how to Jitter Bug this past weekend! Well, sort of. You see I have decided that this is a dance you don't just learn in one 2 hour session. (But feel free to correct me if you think I'm wrong.) I've decided that learning the Jitter Bug is a lot like learning to walk. You practice it over and over and over and over....well you get the picture. And then, after you've gone over the steps and a few of the variations you really still don't have it down. And so you start over. And then, somewhere in the middle you, or your partner, says "Wait! I messed up. Start again." Reminds me of learning to follow Jesus. His steps are not overly difficult, and there are a few different things you need to remember. And you practice time and time again and invariably you get it wrong somewhere! I like Jesus as my teacher though, he keeps going over the steps with me, patiently reminding me that once I get the basic step of letting his power infuse me then the rest will begin to flow naturally. A Lot Like A Dance!

0 comments: