CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 25, 2008

The first thing I said this morning...

The first thing I said this morning was: "GO back to bed, please." Is it just me, or do other moms find themselves in those early morning hours with their little ones hugging their stuffed animals and hovering just above your face. I find that this is me far to often! If only I could get up before my kids wake! Then I could have a normal breakfast, drink my coffee, and have a morning prayer time all to myself. Oh it's not selfish, I do need time to just be me before I am thrust into being "Mommy". Trouble is when I find myself able to get up early my kids have already beat me up again (not literally of course). What's a tired mom to do other than say: "GO back to bed, please." On the rare occasion that I actually do get up before my children I have been known to break into song when they do get up. My rendition of "Good morning, good morning, it's great to stay up late, good morning, good morning to you" is not bad, but it could use some more practice. And that's why most mornings I say "Go back to bed please." (I've got to practice after all.) No, it doesn't usually work.....I most often have to get up anyway.....such is the life of mommy!

0 comments: